Dr. Z;s Keto Journey: February 18, 2019
Dr. Z’s Keto Journey: February 18, 2019
Hi Everyone! If you haven’t gone to my vlog yet, you can get there by clicking this link! Today is Monday, February 18, 2019, and I weigh 210.8 pounds, which means I lost 1 pound last week for a grand total of 29.2 pounds lost since November 2018. I am still on a downward trend. I did weigh myself a few times during the week, but I did not record them in my data.
What I did differently: I drank more hot unsweetened chocolate almond milk and added sweetener to it for a hot beverage during the day and night. Coffee with heavy cream is still a staple for me as well as hot tea at night. My hubby cooked fresh mustard greens and that is what I ate on Tuesday. I did not eat any yogurt this week nor did I have any deli meats. I ate chocolate sweets on Valentine’s day and went back to eating keto the very next day.
The scale and clothes: The scale went down and the clothes are still big. I know I need to buy smaller clothes, but I just don’t feel like it yet. Maybe I will later on.
So, on to the details! Table 1 lists the calories and macronutrient (protein, carb, fat) data and Table 2 includes the minimum, maximum, and averages of my macronutrients.
Table 1: Calories and Macronutrients
Table 2: Minimum, Maximum, and Average
|How many calories did I eat today?||7||786||1089||932|
|How many grams of protein did I eat today?||7||11.3||72.5||50|
|How many grams of carbohydrates did I eat today?||7||11.2||86.5||25|
|How many grams of fat did I eat today?||7||48.5||89.7||68|
- Monday: Coffee with heavy cream; almonds; fried eggs; Burger King Whopper patty, pecans; celery with peanut butter and “Everything but the Bagel” seasoning; American cheese; chocolate muffin.
- Tuesday: Coffee with heavy cream; sausage; mustard greens with ham;
- Wednesday: Coffee with heavy cream; pecans; Greek yogurt; ground beef with Ragu, Simply Chunky Garden Vegetable sauce.
- Thursday: Coffee with heavy cream; French fries with gravy; pork skins; McDonald’s sausage patties; Ritz crackers; Lay’s potato chips.
- Friday: Coffee with heavy cream; pecans; KFC chicken; sugar-free Jell-O.
- Saturday: Coffee with heavy cream; pork chop; sugar-free Jell-O; sweet roll; decaf coffee with whipped cream.
- Sunday: Coffee with heavy cream; McDonald’s sausage patty; Dove chocolate square; Pizza Hut chicken wings; Jell-O with whipping cream; tea.
I stayed within my five-finger guideline (see below) six out of seven days. On Valentine’s day, I went a little carb crazy. I did not plan any snacks or meals when we were traveling and ate what was on the menu in the Mom and Pop restaurant. I will do my best this week to plan my meals and not fly by the seat of my pants!
Well, that is it for now. I will keep my Five Finger Guideline that I follow below.
Dr. Z’s Five-Finger Guideline
- Eat when you’re hungry
- Stop when you are satisfied
- Drink when you’re thirsty
- Eat 20 grams or less of total carbohydrate per day
- Divide up the 20 grams into 5 to 7 grams of carbohydrates per meal
I will share with you next week my progress. Until then…
Stay Healthy and Keep Eating Keto!
Dr. Z PhDNaturalMe