Dr. Z’s Keto Journey: February 11, 2019
Dr. Z’s Keto Journey: February 11, 2019
Hi Everyone! If you haven’t gone to my vlog yet, you can get there by clicking this link! Today is Monday, February 11, 2019, and I weigh 211.8 pounds, which means I lost 3.6 pounds last week for a grand total of 28.2 pounds lost since November 2018. I am still on a downward trend. I did weigh myself a few times during the week, but I did not record them in my data.
What I did differently: I added more pecans to eat and almond milk to drink during the week because I didn’t prepare anything special for meals. Most of the food I ate was prepared at home and I did not eat any fat bombs because I didn’t make any. Coffee was definitely a daily beverage. I added some sugar-free whipped cream to some of my coffee drinks during the week. My “not made at home items” were McDonald’s sausage patties, Jell-O, with sugar-free whipped cream, ham off the bone deli slices, and Greek yogurt. I used DaVinci syrups that has 0 grams of carbohydrate per tablespoon and no Xylitol this week.
The scale and clothes: The scale is still moving in a downward direction and my clothes are looser than they were last week. It is getting to the point that I NEED to buy smaller clothes.
So, on to the details! Table 1 lists the calories and macronutrient (protein, carb, fat) data and Table 2 includes the minimum, maximum, and averages of my macronutrients.
Table 1: Calories and Macronutrients
Table 2: Minimum, Maximum, and Average
|How many calories did I eat this week?||
|How many grams of protein did I eat this week?||
|How many grams of carbohydrates did I eat this week?||
|How many grams of fat did I eat this week?||
|My weight on 2/11/19||
What I Ate This Week
- Monday: Coffee with heavy cream; omelette with bacon, cheddar cheese, mushroom, sour cream, and salsa; sugar-free Jell-0; sugar-free whipped cream; Walmart pound cake ribeye; decaf tea with DaVinci sugar-free syrup; chocolate cake.
- Tuesday: Coffee with heavy cream; ground beef with Ragu, Simply Chunky Garden Vegetable sauce; decaf tea; natural peanut butter; French bread (3.1 gms of carbs); pork skins.
- Wednesday: Coffee with heavy cream; pecans; Greek yogurt; ground beef with Ragu, Simply Chunky Garden Vegetable sauce.
- Thursday: Coffee with heavy cream; pork skins; fried eggs in butter; dill pickles; pecans; spare ribs with BBQ sauce; decaf tea with DaVinci sugar-free sauce; pork skins; tic tac.
- Friday: Coffee with heavy cream; pecans; dill pickles; Kraft American cheese slice; decaf tea with Davinci SF sweetener; fried eggs in butter; more pecans; ham off the bone; Lindt dark chocolate (90%); bite of chocolate muffin
- Saturday: Coffee with heavy cream; pecans; almond milk; salmon; apple slice; pork skins; decaf coffee with heavy cream.
- Sunday: Coffee with heavy cream; salmon; pecans; almond milk; peanut butter; pork skins; sugar-free Jell-O; decaf tea.
I stayed within my five-finger guideline (see below) five out of seven days. I had a craving… or I saw the cake in my home that I could not resist and ate five grams of pound cake and six grams of chocolate cake at different times. On Monday, I went over my carbs by 1.4 grams. The next day I ate a bite of French bread that was 6gms in weight and 3.1grams of carbs. I did stay under my 20 grams of carbs per day that day. I went over my carbs per day on Thursday by eating dark chocolate (90% cacao) and the bite of a chocolate muffin. I felt hungry and had no fat bombs available so I chose the chocolate.
My keto journey does not exclude foods. I eat some of the things I crave and do my best to keep them under 20 grams of total carbohydrates per day. I do not go by net carbs. Yes, I went over twice this week and I am okay with that. I live and enjoy my keto lifestyle. I could have gone over a lot more if I chose to eat more of the cake/muffin, but I didn’t. I got the craving out of my head and moved forward.
Well, that is it for now. I will keep my Five Finger Guideline that I follow below.
Dr. Z’s Five-Finger Guideline
- Eat when you’re hungry
- Stop when you are satisfied
- Drink when you’re thirsty
- Eat 20 grams or less of total carbohydrate per day
- Divide up the 20 grams into 5 to 7 grams of carbohydrates per meal
I will share with you next week my progress. Until then…
Stay Healthy and Keep Eating Keto!
Dr. Z PhDNaturalMe