Dr. Z’s Keto Journey: February 4, 2019
Dr. Z’s Keto Journey: February 4, 2019
Hi Everyone! If you haven’t gone to my vlog yet, you can get there by Clicking This Link! Today is Monday, February 4, 2019, and I weigh 214.4 pounds, which means I lost 1.0 pounds this week for a grand total of 25.6 pounds lost since November 2018. I am so excited my weight is on a downward trend.
What I did differently: I added in celery to crunch on this week along with pecans. I bought bag salad greens to eat, but I never ate them because I forgot about them (out of sight, out of mind). I finished off the ribs and ate grilled Tilapia seared in butter. My “not made at home items” were McDonald’s sausage patties, Jell-O (well… I put water in it and mixed it myself…Ha), with sugar-free whipped cream, ham off the bone deli slices, and Greek yogurt. The only nuts I ate were pecan halves and they were devoured sparingly. Lol! I used Xylitol this week in my tea and I must say, the carb count per teaspoon, 4 grams of carbohydrates per tsp, is not worth it for me. I use the DaVinci syrups and that has 0 grams of carbohydrate per TABLESPOON. Yes, it is an artificial sweetener, and it works for me.
I bought bagel seasoning from Amazon because I have heard very good reviews on this seasoning. I don’t have a Trader Joe’s store near me, so I went to my favorite shop… Amazon! I tasted it and it was great. My initial plan for it was to make keto bagels using the Fat Head pizza dough (recipe is in the description box) recipe with this seasoning sprinkled on top. I never made the bagels so, now my plan is to put cream cheese on my celery sticks and sprinkle the bagel seasoning on it.
We are traveling this week so I will make up a few cream cheese celery sticks with bagel seasoning on top and carry it with me.
Another thing I did differently this week was test my ketones using Urine Ketone Testing Strips. I tested first thing in the morning and I had a positive (pale pink) result. I used to test all the time and noticed there were times when I was negative, but I knew my total carb count intake was under 20 grams. So, I kept doing what I was doing and watched my clothes get bigger on me along with watching the scale number drop. There are some people who have negative ketone readings and are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. So, my message to you is…Don’t be discouraged! Remember… Look at the Overall Picture!
The Scale and Clothes
The scale is still moving in a downward direction and I am still excited about that. I found a Christmas shirt that was very snug on me when I bought it. I was able to hide a sweater over it so no one would see the cling! I haven’t tried it on yet, but I will soon (Christmas in July)!
So, on to the details! Table 1 lists the calories and macronutrient (protein, carb, fat) data and Table 2 includes the minimum, maximum, and averages of my macronutrients.
Table 1: Calories and Macronutrients
Table 2: Minimum, Maximum, and Average Macronutients
|How many calories did I eat today?||
|How many grams of protein did I eat today?||
|How many grams of carbohydrates did I eat today?||
|How many grams of fat did I eat today?||
|How much do I weigh? (2/4/19)||
- Monday: Coffee with heavy cream; pork ribs, celery; decaf tea with DaVinci sugar-free syrup; Sargento sharp chees stick, hard boiled eggs; pork skins.
- Tuesday: Coffee with heavy cream; grilled tilapia in butter; one-half piece of tilapia fried with fish fry (yes, I counted the carb count); pork skins; pork ribs; pecans, coffee with MCT oil powder; chocAlmond fat bomb; instant coffee with MCT Oil powder.
- Wednesday: Coffee with heavy cream; coffee with MCT oil powder; Greek yogurt with a berry flavored Mio; tea with xylitol; pork skins; pepper ranch pork skins; polish sausage; Kraft American cheese; Sargento cheese stick; chocAlmond fat bombs; Tang concentrate; tic tac (some days I can’t stand my own breath!).
- Thursday: Pizza hut naked chicken wings with ranch and Texas Pete hot sauce; coffee with heavy cream; pork skins; decaf tea with Xylitol; Jell-O; chocAlmond fat bombs. Pink Salt.
- Friday: Coffee with heavy cream; sugar-free whipped heavy cream; pecans, McDonald’s sausage patties; Sargento cheese stick; ham off the bone; pork skins; grapes; San Pellegrino, natural sparkling water.
- Saturday: Ham off the bone; coffee with heavy cream; fried eggs with Kerrygold butter (I’m using it up… I still don’t like it); pork skins; Sargento cheese sticks; Fage Greek yogurt; tea with cookie dough sugar free flavored syrup; Kraft American cheese; Jell-O with sugar-free whipping cream; San Pellegrino sparkling water.
- Sunday: Coffee with heavy cream; Pizza Hut natural wings with Keto BBQ sauce, Fage Greek yogurt; tea with sugar-free whipping cream and sugar-free cookie dough syrup.
Sugar-Free Jell-O with Sugar-Free Whipped Cream
Keto BBQ Chicken Wings
You Can Do It!
I stayed within my five-finger guideline (see below) six out of seven days. I ate grapes once this week and counted them in my carbs. I started feeling light-headed in the supermarket and was not sure if it was because I had not eaten anything in 12 hours. I tried eating a piece of ham and that did not help me feel any better so I ate a few grapes and that helped temporarily. When I got home, I crushed about a ¼ tsp of pink salt, put it on my tongue and let it dissolve. That seemed to help. Overall, it was a great week. So, my plan for next week is to continue what I am doing now.
Well, that is it for now. I will keep my Five Finger Guideline that I follow below.
Dr. Z’s Five-Finger Guideline
- Eat when you’re hungry
- Stop when you are satisfied
- Drink when you’re thirsty
- Eat 20 grams or less of total carbohydrate per day
- Divide up the 20 grams into 5 to 7 grams of carbohydrates per meal
I will share with you next week my progress. Until then…
Stay Healthy and Keep Eating Keto!
Dr. Z PhDNaturalMe