Dr. Z’s Keto Journey: January 21, 2019
Healthy Keto Choices!
Hi Everyone! If you haven’t gone to my vlog yet, you can get there by clicking this link!
Well, today is Monday, January 21, 2019, and I weigh 216.8 pounds!!!! Yes! Yes! Yes!!!! I lost three pounds this week for a grand total of 23.2 pounds since November (Wha Hoo!!!). I will list my foods below. What I did differently is choose, other than Walmart chicken and carb master yogurt, not to eat many processed foods. I ate identifiable foods. I did not buy food that had a ton of ingredients that I could not pronounce. I kept it simple and I noticed the change on my scale and in my clothes. The scale is dropping and the clothes are looser. Well, let me pause here and list the foods. I kept the foods listed in the order I ate them (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack). Just to let you know, not every day.
What I Ate This Week
- Monday: Coffee with heavy cream; macadamia nuts; roasted and salted almonds, fried pork skins; Walmart rotisserie chicken; G Huges Smokehouse Sugar-Free BBQ sauce; chocolate peanut butter fat bombs; Sargento cheese sticks; decaf tea.
- Tuesday: Coffee with heavy cream; homemade deviled eggs; bacon; carbmaster strawberry banana yogurt; bacon; chocolate peanut butter fat bombs.
- Wednesday: Coffee with heavy cream; McDonalds sausage patty; Walmart rotisserie chicken; coconut oil coffee; microwave pepperoni and mozzarella Cheese pizza (I just put it on a paper plate and stuck it in the microwave); chocolate peanut butter fat bombs; carbmaster strawberry banana yogurt; macadamia nuts; bacon; ChocAlmond fat bombs (recipe coming soon); deviled eggs.
- Thursday: Coffee with heavy cream; butter coffee; ChocAlmond fat bombs; carbmaster strawberry banana yogurt; Walmart rotisserie chicken with Kerrygold butter; pork skins with Kraft ranch dressing and Texas Pete hot sauce (I will call them pepper ranch pork skins); microwave mozzarella cheese; ChocAlmond fat bomb; decaf tea.
- Friday: Coffee with heavy cream; pork skins; butter coffee; carbmaster strawberry yogurt; fried eggs with Kerrygold butter; instant coffee; Sargento cheese sticks; pepper ranch pork skins; Wholly avocado minis; carbmaster strawberry banana yogurt; pork skins (lol-they are good); ChocAlmond fat bombs.
- Saturday: Coffee with heavy cream; almonds; macadamia nuts; pork ribs with BBQ sauce (2 Tbs); Walmart rotisserie chicken; Carb Master yogurt; chocolate peanut butter fat bombs; pork skins, decaf tea.
- Sunday: Sargento cheese sticks; great value pork sausage patty; fried eggs cooked with Amish butter; coffee with heavy cream; more fried eggs with Kerrygold butter; roasted and salted almonds; pepper ranch pork skins; Fage Greek yogurt flavored with a Mio; decaf tea.
Watch What You Eat!
Map Out Your Goals!
I stayed within my five-finger guideline (see below) and had a satisfying week. Sticking to my guidelines results in a three-pound weight loss. The pepper ranch pork skins along with the yogurts were a very tasty snack. I will look for other food items that keep me on track that will Keep Me On Track! Consistency and keeping my goal in front of me worked for me. Well, that is it for now. Keep your goal(s) clearly in sight!
Dr. Z’s Five-Finger Guideline
- Eat when you’re hungry
- Stop when you are satisfied
- Drink when you’re thirsty
- Eat 20 grams or less of total carbohydrate per day
- Divide up the 20 grams into 5 to 7 grams of carbohydrates per meal
I will share with you next week my progress. Until then…
Stay Healthy and Keep Eating Keto!
Dr. Z PhDNaturalMe