Dr. Z’s Keto Journey: January 14, 2019
Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a great week. If you haven’t gone to my vlog yet, you can get there by clicking this link! Wel1, another week has gone by and I am feeling pretty good. I’m writing this on Sunday so all I have to do tomorrow is put in my weight loss. I am thinking positive. My clothes are fitting loose and I feel lighter.
Well, it’s Monday and I am 1.2 pounds heavier. All is well. Keep reading!
Eat More Bacon
I decided to document what I ate every day instead of putting all the foods I ate during the week in one category. I followed my Five Finger Guideline six out of seven days. Here is what I ate:
What I Ate This Week
- Monday: Coffee with heavy cream; coffee with MCT oil powder; eggs fried in bacon grease; polish sausage; bacon; chocolate peanut butter fat bombs; Two To One Half Microwave Bread; sugar-free Jell-O; decaf tea; two Tic Tacs (keto breath is bad)!
- Tuesday: Coffee with heavy cream; fried eggs in bacon grease; avocado; Pizza Hut naked chicken wings; Fage Total 5% Greek yogurt; pork skins; chocolate peanut butter fat bombs; chicken bouillon.
- Wednesday: Coffee with heavy cream; Sargento cheese stick; ham off the bone; Fage Total 5% Greek yogurt; chocolate peanut butter fat bombs; bacon; almond butter; decaf tea; one hard butterscotch hard candy.
- Thursday: Coffee with heavy cream; McDonald’s sausage patties; Walmart rotisserie chicken; Carb Master yogurt; chocolate peanut butter fat bombs; pork skins; sugar-free Popsicle; decaf tea.
- Friday: Coffee with heavy cream; McDonald’s sausage patties; Walmart rotisserie chicken; homemade macaroni salad (Major slip off the Keto Train); pork chop; green beans; Carb Master yogurt; sugar-free Popsicle; chocolate peanut butter fat bombs; Utz cheese balls (way too many); decaf tea.
- Saturday: Coffee with heavy cream; almonds; macadamia nuts; pork ribs with BBQ sauce (2 Tbs); Walmart rotisserie chicken; Carb Master yogurt; chocolate peanut butter fat bombs; pork skins; decaf tea.
- Sunday: Coffee with heavy cream; Jimmy Dean, simple Scrambles, Bacon; butter, eggs; Walmart rotisserie chicken; decaf tea.
I Went Over My Total Carbs
I went over my total carbohydrates on Friday and ate things that were definitely keto. I noticed I ate them because they were in the house. My son wanted them and I thought I would have the will power not to eat them. I lost that battle, but I still documented ALL of the total carbs I ate. I was hungry and chose not to eat something that was on my meal plan. The cheese balls satisfied me for a moment but restarted my carb craving instantly. The best thing for me to do now is not have them in my direct line of sight! Lol. Slip-ups will happen. It’s what you do after the slip up that counts. I went right back to following my Five Finger Guideline.
Dr. Z’s Five Finger Guideline
- Eat when you’re hungry
- Stop when you are satisfied
- Drink when you’re thirsty
- Eat 20 grams or less of total carbohydrate per day
- Divide up the 20 grams into 5 to 7 grams of carbohydrates per meal
I will share with you next week my progress. Until then…
Stay Healthy and Keep Eating Keto!
Dr. Z PhDNaturalMe